Yahoo will host digital concerts and exhibitions showcasing celebs and influencers for Hong Kong inhabitants on the Decentraland metaverse, the company announced on Wednesday.
See linked tale: Hong Kong’s subway operator programs virtual station in metaverse
- Yahoo is also launching a non-fungible token (NFT) exhibition termed The Abyss of Kwun Tong to recreate aged Kwun Tong, a historic community that has been altered by yrs of redevelopment, the South China Early morning Post documented.
- The capability to recreate actual-daily life destinations and encounters in the metaverse could be an appealing promoting stage to Hong Kongers, as a adverse Covid exam mandate to enter community venues which includes bars and clubs kicked in on Thursday.
- On Tuesday, Fb operator Meta introduced its strategies to collaborate with nearby cafe chains, schools and artwork institutions to demo metaverse activities and systems in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kongers have been familiarized with NFT and blockchain technologies through art exhibitions and group gatherings.
- Decentraland’s cryptocurrency MANA is up 10% above the previous 24 hours, in accordance to info from CoinGecko.
See connected tale: Hong Kong’s Ocean Park brings digital points of interest to The Sandbox metaverse