M&K Sound has announced an addition to its in-wall/in-ceiling speaker line, the IW150A.
What tends to make this speaker a small different is that can be made use of as a ceiling height speaker in addition for use as an in-wall encompass or LCR (Remaining, Heart, or Appropriate channel) speaker.
The IW150A consists of a 15-diploma fastened-angled tweeter and 5.7-diploma mounted-angle pair of woofers, which are developed to develop a superior off-axis reaction. This design approach the IW150A supplies versatility for household theater installers.
M&K states that the IW150A is suitable for use as a peak channel for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or Auro3D audio setups. The speaker can also be applied angled down- or angled up-firing for LCR applications wherever placement destinations may perhaps be restricted (this sort of as above or under a flat-panel display screen), or as an in-wall or in-ceiling-based mostly surround or audio speaker.
The IW150A supports a 30-diploma voicing angle but its vertical dispersion allows an optimal listening window of +/- 30 levels (+/- 2dB) from the line of sight, with a vertical dispersion window of +/- 45 levels. Horizontal dispersion extends to +/- 60 levels.
The IW150A can develop place-filling seem stress levels (SPL) in rooms of up 3,000 cubic toes (85 cubic meters).
Whether or not the speaker is employed as a height or encompass channel, listening hotspots are mitigated and more viewers customers can knowledge even audio protection through the seating region. Wide horizontal dispersion also helps make the speaker effectively-suited as an in-wall house cinema LCR, optimizing the two dialogue intelligibility and front soundstage outcomes placement.
IW150A offers M&K Sound’s signature sonic neutrality and timbre matching, which aids numerous household theater installers in giving the ideal speaker set up for their prospects.
- Merchandise Amount: IW150A
- Speaker Design and style: Two-way, In-wall, Sealed Cabinet
- Tweeter: 1x 25mm silk dome with neodymium magnet
- Tweeter Angle: 15 degrees fixed
- Woofer: 2 x 5.25-inch coated glass fiber
- Grill Color: White (metal construction)
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Frequency Reaction: 80Hz to 20kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 90 dB (2.83V/1m)
- Crossover: 2 kHz
- Max Peak SPL: 116 dB
- Electrical power Managing: 90 to 180 watts
- Amplifier Electricity Selection: 25 to 400 watts
- Terminals: Gold Plated Thrust Terminal (accommodates 4mm speaker cable)
- Cutout Dimension Necessities (H x W): 13.03 x 11.33 inches (331 x 288 mm)
- Cupboard Proportions (H x W): 12.95 x 11.25 inch (329 x 286 mm)
- Cupboard Depth: 3.74 inches (95 mm)
- Grille Dimensions (H x W): 14.17 x 12.48 inches (360 x 317 mm)
- Fat: 21.6 lbs (9.8 Kg)
Pricing & Availability
The M&K Seem IW150A has a proposed retail rate of $1,099 (USD)/£1,295 (GBP) and will be obtainable from M&K Audio authorized distributors from early October 2022.
Suggestion: If you never have encounter putting in in-wall or in-ceiling speakers, you really should check with a residence theater installer no matter of brand or design.
For additional information: mksound.com
Relating Looking through
Focal Unveils 100-T Series In-ceiling and Outside Speakers: CEDIA 2022
DALI Phantom K-60 LP & M-675 In-Wall Speakers: CEDIA 2022
Perlisten Audio Announces World’s Initially In-Wall Speakers With THX Dominus Certification
Monoprice Introduces Monolith THX In-Wall Speakers
DALI Introduces New Phantom K-Series In-Ceiling And H-R Series In-Wall Loudspeakers
Monoprice Announces Monolith In-Wall Subwoofers